One of the best ways to get more users to your website is to create good content that can be shared. One of the easiest and most reliable ways to do this is to take up blogging, which gets content on your site regularly and also allows your clients to learn a little bit more about you. But, there is more to blogging and content marketing than just posting words on a page. Here are some strategic ways to make content marketing work in your favor, and boost your ROI.
- Use your blog to sell experiences, not houses – instead of just posting a new listing to your site, try to sell the experience behind the house. For example, if you are working mostly in the city of Austin, use it to your advantage. Posts like “15 best things to do in Austin for free” will definitely get eyes on your site.
- Become a Resource for your Audience – Building a loyal audience for your site will help you get the most out ROI, so make sure you’re producing content that helps your clients learn something. Broaden your topics to those outside of what a typical agent might be writing about, and it will also help you grow your audience.
- Learn What Tools Work for You – There are lots of different online marketing tools that you can use to boost your content, but you have to learn the ins and outs of what will work best for you. If you already have a significant social media presence, maybe Facebook or Linkedin ads are right for you. If you do a lot of email or newsletter marketing, looking into services like Constant Contact that can help you manage your lists and create templates might be helpful.
- Think Bigger than Blogs – A great way to harness leads is to provide content that is more valuable than an average blog post. Whitepapers, industry reports, and ebooks are all great resources that can be gated, meaning users can access them after giving you information like their name and email address. This helps you get new leads and makes you seem more knowledgeable to potential clients.
- Track Your Progress – If you are committed to increasing your content marketing, it is a good idea to pick a service with analytics or use Google Analytics to track your website progress.
If you just invest your time and money into blogging, you’re focusing primarily on the act of creating and publishing original content on your website on a regular basis. But, when you invest your time and money into content marketing, you’re focusing on providing value in an effort to attract prospects, capture and nurture leads, and acquire new customers. Both are important, and both work hand in hand to build and validate your business.