Because real estate is such a populous business, it can feel hard to distinguish yourself from the multitude of other practices out there. Because of this, knowing how to market your business so that it stands out from others and attracts new potential leads is perhaps the most important thing you can do for yourself. Forbes recently posted this list of 23 marketing ideas for real estate agents, and we picked our 5 favorites to help you figure out how to market your business in the most effective way.
- Hire a Real Estate Photographer – Now that a majority of people’s real estate searches begin online, one the best tools in your repertoire should be professional photos of your listings. Any potential client will judge whether or not they want to see your listing in person based on the online photos, so making sure that those photos look nice and feature the best parts of the home are extremely important. A professional photographer, especially one that specializes in real estate, can be a critical tool to accomplish this.
- Install Google Analytics – The best way to figure out if your site is performing well or what is performing well on your site is to install Google Analytics. It will tell you how many people are visiting your site and where they are navigating to, so you can make sure to pay extra attention to parts that are falling by the wayside or boost the parts that people are interested in to get even more eyes on them.
- Build a System for Referrals – A good organic way to increase your potential leads is to set up a system for referrals for your current clients. You could offer an Amazon gift card in exchange for a certain number of referrals, or any other incentive that you think your clients would respond to. Make sure to feature this referral program on your site or your emails, so that people can start taking advantage of it and you can grow your lead base.
- Ask For Reviews – In addition to looking up your listings online, the other thing that potential clients will do is inspect your reviews to see what your other clients experienced after working with you. Having no reviews is almost as bad as having bad reviews, so creating an incentive program for leaving good reviews on Yelp or on Google will help potential clients know that they can trust you.
- Use Email Marketing Campaigns – Automating your outreach to any leads you have is a good way to keep you in the front of their minds and check in on people who might not necessarily be ready to buy or sell a house now, but will be in the future. Subscribe to a program that lets you upload email lists and automate outreach so that it regularly reaches out to your clients.